Here at Anchor Graphics, we make a significant, ongoing effort to stay on top of the trends happening in the Print and Label Industry for our customers. Lately, we have been considering the upcoming year, 2021, with an eye on all the future trends that will far surpass what we have seen from 2020.
Along with many other observers across the industries we serve, we look forward with cautious optimism to an upward movement in overall business, as well as indicators of renewed growth in certain sectors which have already proven to be strong performers. The single best most reassuring trend forecast for the label market in 2021; steady growth.
Which Product Labels will see the Most Growth?
- Specialty Labels: for vaccines, drugs and a variety of medicines, both prescription and over the counter preparations.
- Product Labels: for hand sanitizers as well as household and industrial cleaning/ sanitizing products.
- Outdoor Labels: for food; consumer goods such as cigarettes, pharmaceu ticals, and flammable for fire-retardant materials; toys; or other small objects that might cause choking; hazardous chemicals; equipment; and workplace/construction settings.
- Product Labels: for mass-market and luxury/gourmet foods; spice containers; exotic food preparations and flavorings, such as tamarind and guava paste; and health foods.
- Product Labels: Restrictions on bars, clubs and restaurants have expanded delivery services and direct-to-customer alcohol sales. In addition, expect to see the growth of labels for fruit juices, so
das, water, sports drinks and more.
- Product Labels: for vitamins and minerals and for food supplements in liquid, capsule, or powder form.
What are the Biggest Trends in Label Design and Materials for 2021?
- Transparent Labels: growing in popularity, transparent labels appeal to many buyers with a growing interest in knowing about the ingredients of products that will be consumed to otherwise used, especially in the home. Clear, see-through labels, utilizing such materials as clear BOPP, are often the best choice for this effect when placed on clear or colored glass or plastic containers.
- Textured Labels: Labels with a pleasant feeling texture can be just as engaging to a buyer as those with an attractive appearance. Texture can be a key factor in creating a heightened purchasing experience for buyers, so an embossed label, for example, can set a product apart not just my its looks, and is often the best choice for goods with a high price point.
- Eco-Friendly Labels: Another established and growing trend is a greater use of eco-friendly label materials, due to the rising concerns among customers about the issues of sustainability. While this once served only a niche market, it is progressively popular and important to consumers. Groundbreaking technologies in adhesives and inks help to make labels more eco-friendly.
- Bold Imagery: Simplicity, with humble designs and soft colors has been popular for several years. There is a growing trend away from the artistic, featuring vibrant colors, larger patterns, and complex details.
- Retro-Futuristic Designs: this type of design allows the consumer to enjoy a sentimental mid-century effect coupled with high-tech elements, using a look, meant to remind a view of the future through the lens of the past.
What are some things behind the growth of Digital Labels?
The impact of the pandemic on how business is conducted, whether on sales, marketing or production, has been profound. The effects of this ongoing crisis have supercharged trends that were already in place and growing before 2020.
Since business travel and exhibitions may not fully recover before the end of 2021, and it appears that we will have to live with travel restrictions, social distancing and reduced budgets for a while still, virtual marketing will be key. All business will need to implement digital marketing strategies in order to survive and thrive.
Several factors will be driving an increasing move toward digital label printing. These include:
- The always-evolving demands of label customers. Based on the riding expectations of online consumers and brands for quality product, digital labels, with their crisp images and vibrant, saturated colors, fill the bill.
- The ever-increasing regulatory content required on products. As copy changes occur, these can be made with greater facility using a digital press.
- The shortening life cycles of mass-produced goods. This is turn leads to a greater demand for increased production speed and delivery; since digital label printing by-passes the need for plates it requires a shorter time frame to compete a project.
What will be our commitment to you in 2021 and beyond?
In the center of all these changes and trends, the Anchor Graphic’s Team has worked hard to be here for you, and to provide you with the best printing services to meet your needs. We hope to continue in that role, offering you our decades of experience and our expertise in a wide variety of label printing. For any upcoming labeling needs you might have, fill free to contact us today!